Since its inception on 30th of March 1960, MIDF’s plans to promote the development of the industrialisation of Malaysia have come a long way. As of today, MIDF is a well-known advanced institution and has, over the years, been a part of many a success story in Malaysia.
Funding the Firsts in Malaysia.
• First disbursement of funds by MIDF to Sincere Match & Tobacco Factory Sdn. Bhd in November 1960
• First flour manufacturer, Malayan Flour Mill Bhd
• First automobile tyre factory, Dunlop Malayan Industries Limited
• First motor assembly plant, a JV between AB Volvo of Sweden & Federal Auto Company Limited
• First international hotel, Kuala Lumpur Hilton.
Catalysing the growth of key industries in Malaysia, through funding of key industry players:
• Hwa Tai Food Industry Sdn. Bhd., now a leading snacks and biscuits brands in Malaysia.
• Yeo Hiap Seng (M) Sdn. Bhd., a pioneering food and beverages brand in the region.
• Perfect Food Industry Bhd., more famously known as Julie’s biscuit, a household name amongst Malaysian consumers.
• K.G. Pastry Manufacturing Sdn. Bhd., made the Kawan brand popular by focusing on frozen Asian food delicacies, resulting in it being the leading exporter and largest manufacturer of that category.
• Munchy Food Industries Sdn. Bhd., started out as a humble snacks and biscuits manufacturer, it now owns the extremely popular and likeable Munchy’s brand.
• Khind Industry Sdn. Bhd., leading world manufacturer and brand of household appliances.
• Tomei Gold & Jewellery Holding Sdn. Bhd., an integrated manufacturer and retailer of gold and jewellery, a renowned jewellery brand with strong following of the youth segment in Malaysia.
• Prestar Industries Bhd., now known as Prestar Resources Bhd., a public listed company engaging in the steel-processing & steel-products manufacturing in Malaysia and Vietnam.
• Malaysian Sheet Glass Bhd., a company providing glass manufacturing and marketing services, that offer flat, silvered mirrors, automotive and industrial safety, and clear float glass.
• Citi-Link Express (M) Sdn. Bhd., a Logistic Management company, solves complex transportation issues by providing consultation along with pick-up and delivery services to ensure your goods reach its intended destination on schedule and in good condition.
• Radicare (M) Sdn. Bhd., an integrated facilities management company providing non-clinical Hospital Support Services, delivering world class services and improved standards of facilities management to hospitals across Malaysia.
• Zaid Ibrahim & Co, a reputable law firm with regional presence.
Providing advice and services to realise corporations’ ambitions and aspirations:
• Share issuing house for United Motor Works (Malaysia) Holdings Berhad, 1970. That is now UMW Group, one of the leading industrial conglomerates in Malaysia, with diverse and global interests in Automotive, Equipment, Manufacturing & Engineering and Oil & Gas.
• Underwriting for NSTP (Malaysia) Berhad, in 1973, now a leading print media companies in Malaysia with innovative products and comprehensive media solutions. Share issuing house for Adhesive Tape Incorporated (M) Bhd, now well-known regionally for its Loytape ® cellulose tape brand.